We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our applicants; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
- What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of applying to us (including your name, email address, job title, company, postal address, telephone, fax number, website address, interests and any other information you add to your application);
- personal information comprised in any photo or other image you upload to the website;
- information about your use of our website services, including information about: searches that you conduct, playlists that you create and send, notes that you make, contacts and contact requests that you make, videos that you view, requests that you make to view locked videos, questions that you submit, votes that you cast, meetings that you book and materials that you download; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may send cookies which may be stored on by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookies in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. (For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.) This will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
- Using your personal data
In addition, we may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to similar programmes produced by us or another of our group companies which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by following the unsubscribe link on any of these emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website. We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- Other disclosures
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- International data transfers
Information that we collect will be stored and processed on our servers located primarily in the United Kingdom. Any information which is held in other countries will be treated with the same degree of security.
- Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- Policy amendments
- Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to email@example.com) at any time.
- Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- About us
The full name of our company is IWC MEDIA LIMITED.